THE PHARMASCIENCE EVOLUTION
Pharmascience was founded in 1983 in Montreal by two local pharmacists who started out with a team of just five research and development (R&D) employees. Fast-forward to today and we're one of Canada's pharmaceutical companies, with a growing team of 1,500-plus staff dedicated to manufacturing, marketing and distributing a diverse range of high-quality medicines throughout Canada and across the globe.
Our state-of-the-art R&D and production facilities are located in Montreal, serving a client base that includes pharmacists, doctors, drug wholesalers and major retailers. We invest more than $44 million in R&D every year, to make sure we stay ahead of the latest trends and technologies and deliver top-quality products and services to our customers.
PHARMASCIENCE QUICK FACTS
- We are the largest pharmaceutical employer in Quebec.
- We are the third largest generic pharmaceutical company in Canada, and third largest by number of prescriptions
- We've invested more than $500 million in R&D since inception.
- We are ranked among Canada's top 100 R&D investors, with CAD $44 million invested annually.
- We have over 400 product families, prescription and over the counter.
- We are one of the largest providers of generic single-source products in the world.